Make your own Dog Puppet
If you know kids who love dogs, give them a treat by making this hand puppet out of felt. He makes a good party gift for guests too.
What you'll need:
- Pattern (see below)
- 2 sheets of red felt
- 2 (15 MM) wiggle eyes
- Black felt (scrap)
- Black marker
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Print the pattern for the body. (After printing page hit back arrow button to return to Puppetville)
Note to Mac Users: Choose "shrink to fit" option on above pattern and see tips area below.
- Print the pattern for the ears and nose. (After printing page hit back arrow button to return to Puppetville.)
- Cut out the patterns.
- Trace around the pattern on red felt. Trace 2 body shapes and 2 ears.
- Cut out felt pieces.
- Glue the ears on the first body piece as shown in the photo.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Cut a triangle piece of black felt about 1" wide by 3/4" tall.
- Glue on the nose.
- Draw features on dog as shown in photo.
- Glue the second body piece to the back of the front body piece.
- Let dry.
- Let your child have fun pretending!
Note the size of the puppets we made are approximately 6 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" long. The ears are about 2" wide x 2 1/4" long.
Please e-mail questions we will respond ASAP. Call 336-835-4344 if you have a deadline.
© Copyright 2015 - Puppetville